Thanks to the largesse of the Knight Foundation, the biggest name in journalism philanthropy, we have some excellent training centers working to advance innovations in news, including training for newsroom managers and their staffs.
Other Knight Centers:
- University of Texas-Austin’s Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas. http://knightcenter.utexas.edu
- University of Miami’s Knight Center for International Media. http://knight.miami.edu
- University of Maryland’s Knight Center for Specialized Journalism. www.knightcenter.umd.edu.
- Michigan State’s Knight Center for Environmental Journalism. http://ej.msu.edu
- University of Missouri’s Knight Center in Editing Excellence. http://journalism.missouri.edu/news/2006/09-06-knight-center.html
Year-long fellowship programs:
- Stanford University’s John S. Knight Fellowships for Professional Journalists. http://knight.stanford.edu
- Harvard University’s Latin Nieman Fellowships. http://www.nieman.harvard.edu
- University of Michigan’s Knight-Wallace Fellows. http://www.mjfellows.org
- MIT’s Knight Science Journalism Fellowships. http://web.mit.edu/knight-science
- Columbia University’s Knight-Bagehot Fellowship Program in Economics and Business Journalism. http://www.journalism.columbia.edu
- Knight International Journalism Fellowships program at the International Center for Journalists. http://www.knight.icfj.org.