Story Visioning (Mapping) for Multimedia Newsrooms
This worksheet is to help reporters and editors plan better radio & mixed-media story assignments. You can adapt it to your newsroom’s needs.
- What is this story most about?
- Why is it important to us? Why now?
- Who is involved? Who is affected most?
- What tension draws our interest?
- What main action is taking place?
- Where and when is the best scene/setting?
- What “contextual frame” is needed with this story?
My Focus Statement (i.e., Who is doing What and Why):
Interviews/Sources (List for each)
(What challenges might we encounter?)
Best Sound Opportunities:
Best Photo or Video Opportunities:
Best Interactive Opportunities:
Data Visualization or Mapping: